• Social game played by people of all ages
• Keeps your mind and body fit
• Great for cardio / mobility / flexibility
• Can challenge you as much or as little as you want
• Discover your own reasons to play
• Truly mixed gender sport
• Low injury rate
• Bad weather doesn’t stop play
• Very civilised sport you bash the shuttle not each other
• Just great fun
Why Garforth Badminton Club?
• Friendly like minded people
• Small Club looking to grow
• New members always welcome, juniors also
• Training from qualified coaches available
• Dedicated training court plus 3 other courts
• Competitive teams available
• Well organised and administered
• Inexpensive £30/40 per term
• Club night Friday between 7.30 and 9.30pm
• See you there!!
Thank you for looking at our site. I hope you find it interesting and informative. So if you are interested in joining us, please just call on
07511 300764 or use the contact form.
The Club AGM will be held on the Thursday 20th April 7.30pm at Garforth Country Club, all members welcome so please come along and help shape the Club for the future.
The League Tournaments will be held on the 13th and 14th May at the York RI. Tournament details will be displayed at club night and copies are available for download.
The Ten Pin Bowling night was a great success with Jack not only scoring the highest score in our group, but also in the entire bowling alley. Well done Jack! A picture of the group is available for download, see download page.
The League dinner dance will be held on the 16th June at the Kings Croft Pontefract. The menu choice will be displayed at club night and copies are available for download. The cost is £25 per person and includes a three course meal, plus coffee and biscuits (special dietary requirements catered for) followed by the League, Handicap and Tournament trophy presentation plus dancing to a live band (This Way Up). Tickets are now available for the Secretary.
Club badges are now available.
Our website attracts over 1200 hits per month, so if you would like to advertise, at very a reasonable rate, please contact our Secretary via the website "contact us' facility.